Green is in! Greenery is the 2017 Pantone color of the year and we love how it freshens up any space. Here is how you can make your home green to brighten and inspire for the New Year.
Give your walls a splash of color with a vibrant shade of green. Green is the color of balance and harmony and suggests happy thoughts of nature to our brain, making us feel relaxed. You don’t have to paint the entire room green, go with a feature wall or paint a smaller space like a guest bath.
Don’t wait for someone else to buy you that beautiful bouquet you were eyeing up at the market, get it for yourself. Plants clean and detox the air inside our homes and are a great way of bringing life to a room. Planters have come a long way since the standard ceramic pot. Dress up a wall with a vertical plant shelf or DIY some gorgeous hanging air plants.
Share the cheer with your neighbors. Paint your front door a lovely shade of green to welcome all of your guests into your home.
Accessorizing is the easiest way to add a little green into your space. Think nature prints for the walls and throw pillows in a fun mint print. Check out House Beautiful for some greenspiration!
Make your house green inside and out! Here are a few easy ways you can help reduce your footprint and energy consumption for a greener planet and life:
- Lights – Save money, switch to LED
- Compost – Don’t add more waste, get a compost system started.
- Go paperless – 2017 go paperless, get all your bills, bank statements etc setup online.
- Solar panels – You can purchase solar panels just about anywhere. Green power your home with this set from the home depot.
- Energy efficient appliances – Switching to energy efficient appliances can save you hundreds of dollars.
- Flooring – Looking to update your tired floors? Try cork, bamboo or reclaimed hardwood which are all recyclable materials.